BY DANIELLE MAUPERTUIS
Danielle Maupertuis - of Belgian origin - has worked as an Executive Pastry Chef in various 5-star-hotels around the world and won several gold and silver medals in international competitions.
Vegan since 2015 and currently based in the United Kingdom, she develops a range of vegan desserts, based on excellent taste and presentation. She shares her recipes in a book ”Vegans deserve better than a fruit salad” available on Amazon.fr and on her website www.freefromdesserts.com
“ My passion is to share my experience through meetings, demonstrations, live and online classes ”.
Find her creations on the @dmaupertuis networks.
STEP BY STEP
Recipe for 8 cakes 3 x 8 cm
Preparation time: 45 minutes + 2 hours freezer setting time.
Cooking time: 18-20 minutes
1. JOCONDE PISTACHIO
YUMGO White 55 gr
Unrefined caster sugar 40 gr
YUMGO Yolk 50 gr
Rapeseed oil 40 gr
Impalpable sugar 60 gr
Pistachio powder 50 gr
Almond powder 25 gr
Flour 20 gr
Cornflour 20 gr
1. Preheat the oven to 190 ° C.
2. In a blender, whip the YUMGO White to stiff and gradually incorporate the caster sugar.
3. Pour the remaining ingredients into a bowl and whisk until light and lump-free. Gently incorporate the YUMGO White into the appliance using a spatula.
4. Line a 20 x 25cm baking sheet with parchment paper. Pour in the biscuit and distribute evenly - 5cm thick - using a spatula.
5. Bake the cookie at 190 ° C for about 18 minutes.
6. Insert a toothpick in the center of the cookie and check that it comes out without any trace of cookie.
7. Leave to cool.
2. PASSION FRUIT MUSSELINE
Passion fruit juice 250 gr
Unrefined caster sugar 60 gr
Cornstarch 30 gr
YUMGO Yolk 50 gr
Plant based margarine 30 + 90 gr
1. Heat the juice in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reserve about 50g to add to the rest of the ingredients.
2. In a bowl, pour the sugar, cornstarch and YUMGO Yolk. Add the 50g of reserved juice, and whisk until a smooth consistency is obtained, without lumps.
3. Pour the boiling juice over the previous appliance, mix. Return everything to the saucepan and cook over moderate heat, whisking. Remove from the heat of the boil. Incorporate 30g of plant based margarine, mix and pour into a bowl.
4. Leave to cool.
5.Place the plant based margarine in a bowl and soften with an electric mixer.
In a salad bowl, smooth the passion fruit cream. Gradually incorporate it into the plant based margarine, expanding well.
6. Keep cool.
3. RASPBERRY JELLY
Raspberry puree 125 gr
Unrefined sugar 30 gr
Agar agar powder ¾ teaspoon
1. Place all the ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, whisking continuously.
2. Pass through a Chinese and reserve.
1. To ensure perfect clarity, this cake is assembled upside down.
2. Melt the jelly in the microwave and pour into the bottom of rectangular silicone molds 3 x 8 x 3 cm, 3 mm thick. Leave to sear in the freezer.
3. In the meantime, cut 16 rectangles 3 x 8 cm in the pistachio biscuit.
4. Using a plain pastry bag, place 3mm of passion cream on the raspberry jelly.
Place a cookie on top. Repeat the operation, ending with a biscuit.
5. Transfer to the freezer. Unmold ½ hour before tasting.