BY DANIELLE MAUPERTUIS
Danielle Maupertuis - of Belgian origin - has worked as an Executive Pastry Chef in various 5-star-hotels around the world and won several gold and silver medals in international competitions.
Vegan since 2015 and currently based in the United Kingdom, she develops a range of vegan desserts, based on excellent taste and presentation. She shares her recipes in a book ”Vegans deserve better than a fruit salad” available on Amazon.fr and on her website www.freefromdesserts.com
“ My passion is to share my experience through meetings, demonstrations, live and online classes ”.
Find her creations on the @dmaupertuis networks.
STEP BY STEP
Recipe for 2 people
Preparation time: 45 minutes + 1 hour freezer setting time.
Cooking time: 50-60 minutes
YUMGO White 30 gr
Unrefined caster sugar 60 gr
Red vegan powder coloring
1. Preheat the oven to 100 ° C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, or use a silicone mat.
2. In a blender, whip the YUMGO White to stiff with the coloring, and gradually incorporate the caster sugar.
3. Place the meringue in a plain pastry bag 10mm diameter- and dress in the shape of hearts, approx. 4cm.
4. Cook for about 50 minutes, and let cool for 10 minutes. before peeling off the meringue.
2. STRAWBERRY JELLY
Vegan strawberry jelly 100 gr
Agar agar powder 1/4 ts
1. Pour the jelly in a small saucepan, add the agar agar and bring to a boil, whisking continuously.
2. Place a cling film in the bottom of a baking tray and pour the jelly 2-3 mm. Leave to set in the fridge.
3. Cut out “Valentine's Day” shapes in the jelly (heart, mouth, etc.) as you wish.
3. STRAWBERRY CAVIAR
Strawberry puree 50 gr
Water +/- 20 ml
Agar agar powder 1/2 ts
Rapeseed oil 200 ml
1. Pour the oil into a container - at least 2cm high - and keep in the freezer for at least 1 hour.
2. In a small saucepan, combine the strawberry purée, water, and agar agar and bring to a boil.
3. Remove from heat, pass through a Chinese and let cool to +/- 40C.
4. Transfer to a small pouch, cut a small opening, and press the pouch over the oil. You will get small balls that solidify instantly.
5. Pass through a Chinese and keep in the fridge. The oil can be stored in the fridge for the next operation.
4. COCONUT CREAM
Coconut milk 1 can
Corn syrup 20 gr
Vanilla extract A few drops
Option: Agar agar powder 1/2 ts
1. The day before, keep the can of coconut milk in the fridge. The coconut cream rises to the surface and solidifies.
2. Transfer the coconut cream to a salad bowl. Add the corn syrup, vanilla and mix until a soft and smooth consistency.
For the coconut cream molded into silicone forms, it is recommended to add a mix of agar agar to the preparation: Dissolve 1 ca coffee agar powder agar in 240g of water, bring to the boil, whisking continuously until 'obtaining a homogeneous texture.
Fill the silicone molds and transfer them to the freezer.
Arrange the various elements of the recipe according to your fancy, arrange a few strawberries and there, a little touch of green is always welcome!